SEATTLE, WA – A multi-state CenturyLink 911 outage continued for parts of Washington Friday morning. The outage was supposed to be fixed by around 1 a.m. Friday, but CenturyLink said that technicians had encountered “additional technical problems” overnight, delaying service restoration.
At 7 a.m. Friday, some 911 calls were getting through across the state. But dispatch centers were still pointing callers to 10-digit emergency numbers.
- South Sound 911 – (253) 798-4722 (includes Bonney Lake, Sumner, and Puyallup)
- Seattle – (206) 583-2111 or (206) 625-5011
- Bellevue area – (425) 577-5656
- King County (outside Seattle): (206) 296-3311
- Pierce County : (253) 538-3240
- Snohomish County: (425) 407-3999
Callers in the Valley Communications Center coverage area (from Vashon Island east to the Cascades in King County and from Renton south to the Pierce County line) were able to get through to 911, but could also call (253) 852-2121.
We discovered some additional technical problems as our service restoration efforts were underway. We continue to make good progress with our recovery efforts and we are working tirelessly until restoration is complete. We apologize for the disruption.
— CenturyLink (@CenturyLink) December 28, 2018