1) Q: Where is the world’s largest stained glass window?
A: The American Airlines terminal at the Kennedy International Airport in New York City has a stained-glass window that is 300 feet long and 23 feet high.
2) Q: Where and when was the first motel introduced on the American commercial real estate scene?
A: The first motel, appropriately named the “Motel Inn”, opened in San Luis Obispo in 1925.
3) Q: What 6,500 seat American theater was the location for the scene where the original 1933 King Kong breaks his chains onstage?
A: The famous Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles built by the Shriners in 1906 to resemble an exotic Arabian mosque.
4) Q: Where was the actual location of the fictional Genovian Consulate in the 2001 Disney comedy, “The Princess Diaries”?
A: The historic Doheny mansion, located on the campus of Mount St. Mary’s College, near downtown Los Angeles.
5) Q: What two streets near the Los Angeles Beverly Center were named for a famous husband and wife comedy team?
A: George Burns Drive and Gracie Allen Way
6) Q: What site discovered in 1965 is considered the world’s oldest known habitation?
A: The Terra Amata site in Nice, France has the remains of 21 huts belonging to the Acheulian culture from 400,000 years ago.
7) Q: What little-known folk remedy is said to help keep bats away from your home?
A: According to some rural homeowners, if you tar and feather a two-by-four board and place it in your yard, it will ward off bats!
8) Q: What has a tremendous impact on the U.S. economy, comprising between $10-$15 trillion of the nation’s wealth?
A: Real Estate–it goes through cycles, but still has a long-term record of strong investment return.
9) Q: What is the least affordable metropolitan housing market in the United States?
A: California’s Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale is currently rated as the most expensive metro area in the nation.
10) Q: What is the largest home in Hollywood?
A: The largest home in Hollywood is currently “The Manor” at 36,500 square feet, built by T.V. producer Aaron Spelling for $37 million.